World War I America
Mobilization for WWI altered the lives of millions of civilians. Describe the impact on the American society to three of the following:
- Women and the war effort (military, munitions manufacturing)
- African Americans (Great Migration, push pull factors)
- Critics-Curbing dissent (Civil Liberties- Espionage Act- Sedition Act)
- Funding for the war (Income, Corporate, excise taxes, War Bonds, Loans)
- Administration of Resources -Fuel and food (Food Administration, Wheat, sugar, meat)
Part 1. American Involvement in WWI
- Explain why Americans had difficulty remaining Neutral; include details related to ethnic ties and economic ties?
- Why did Wilson eventually decide to support War against the Central Powers?
- How did women contribute to the War Effort?
- How were African American lives effected by World War I?
- How and why did Wilson follow Lincoln’s example in curbing dissent in America during wartime? Cite examples of this policy during World War I.
- How did Wilson try to encourage patriotism?
- How did Wilson’s administration manage resources for the war effort? Cite examples of war time programs and how they functioned.
- How did Wilson fund the war?
- How do Wilson’s 14 points reflect Moral Diplomacy?
- Explain why the Republicans reject the Treaty of Versailles. (Wilson’s failure to compromise)