Link Student Ambassadors
Welcome to the Link Student Ambassadors Page!
Link Student Ambassadors are representatives of Point Loma High School that act as leaders on campus and peer mentors to new/incoming students. Link Student Ambassadors run our freshman bridging (orientation) program the week before school starts and help to facilitate campus events throughout the year. Individuals chosen to be apart of this program are considered esteemed students who work in a professional manner alongside staff to provide a positive social and academic experience for students a Point Loma High School.
If you are interested in joining the Link Student Ambassador program read the information below to find out how to apply for the 2022-2023 school year!
- Be a junior or senior in the 2022-2023 School Year
- Have exemplary behavior that positively represents our school
- No suspensions or expulsions during high school
- Have good grades (3.0 or higher for the past 3 grading periods S1, P3, P4)
- Be available, nice, and helpful as a leader and role model for any grade level when representing our school
- Comfortable working alongside adults like our Advisor: Mrs. Pomerleau and our Admin team
- Be comfortable with occasionally being pulled out of class to help new students or run events on campus
- Be available for our training day August 25th and our Freshman orientation August 26th 2022
LINK Student Ambassadors' main responsibility is to be a leader and good representative for all Pointers and members of the community. Special focus is placed on incoming freshmen and transfer students in order to help them have the best educational experience possible at PLHS. Our biggest event is Freshmen/New Student Orientation where we lead groups of freshmen and welcome them to our school with a fun event and tours of our campus. As a student ambassador, you're expected to come to EVERY event that you are able to attend, however, your attendance is REQUIRED for Freshmen Orientation Day AND its training day, where we go over the plan and what's expected.