The PLHS Pointer Association
The Pointer Association is a 501c3 nonprofit organization consisting of parents/families, students, alumni, faculty and other community members serving Point Loma High School.
It is the mission of the Point Loma High School Pointer Association to develop programs and provide resources to enhance the educational learning community for ALL students - supporting the core values of engaging, empowering, educating and preparing all students for the 21st Century. The key to our mission is to provide people and financial resources to augment the arts, academics and athletics experiences of our students.
The Pointer Association:
- Is the school’s sole adult fundraising organization.
- Conducts fundraising activities and events to raise money to support capital campaigns and ongoing programs and initiatives (called Pointer Priorities).
- Serves as the umbrella group for PLHS Booster Groups, each of which has its own elected officers.
- Is guided by an elected Board of Directors and elected officers.
- Maintains a database of PLHS alumni so we can help them stay connected with their alma mater and classmates, and so that reunion chairs can find them with news of reunion events.
- Seeks to help Point Loma community members to connect with their high school to increase PLHS’s value as a community asset.