The PLHS Pointer Association
The Pointer Association is a 501c3 nonprofit organization consisting of parents/families, students, alumni, faculty and other community members serving Point Loma High School.
The public and charitable purposes of The Pointer Association (PA) are to raise funds to enhance the education at Point Loma High School, to promote the activities of alumni of Point Loma High School, and to engage in any other lawful activities permitted under the California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law.
The Pointer Association:
- Is the school’s sole adult fundraising organization.
- Conducts fundraising activities and events to raise money to support capital campaigns and ongoing programs and initiatives (called Pointer Priorities).
- Serves as the umbrella group for PLHS PA Booster Groups, each of which has its own elected officers.
- Is guided by an elected Board of Directors and elected officers.
- Maintains a database of PLHS alumni so we can help them stay connected with their alma mater and classmates, and so that reunion chairs can find them with news of reunion events.
- Seeks to help Point Loma community members to connect with their high school to increase PLHS’s value as a community asset.