Class of 2019
GRAD NIGHT INFO
For the day-of
- Arrive in front of PLHS Chatsworth St @10AM Saturday, June 8th
- We strongly suggest you have parents drop you off and also pick you up. For safety reasons at 4 in the morning when you get back you will be exhausted and not want to drive
- You must have a photo ID
- Backpacks and purses must be no larger than 8.5” by 11”
- All students must arrive and depart Disneyland on the buses we’ve chartered. No private cars allowed- no exceptions!
- Drug and alcohol sniffing dogs will be on site scanning all students before you board the busses in SD and AGAIN when entering Disneyland (no edibles, vapes, alcohol, wax pens, prescriptions, etc.)... be smart
- Disney has changed some dress code rules and you can wear PLHS gear and/or hats. No torn or revealing clothes and no heals
- No food or drinks allowed to be brought on the buses or into Disney. Water and chick Fil-a sandwiches will be given to you when you board
- Pick up your wristbands for your assigned buses Thursday 6/6 at the awards banquet OR Friday morning 6/7 at the Senior breakfast. Look for the parent Disney volunteers to get yours! No bus changes allowed.
- Bring spending money to purchase food in the parks. Food is not provided by Disney.
Class of 2019 Senior Activities
REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDANCE TO ALL SENIOR ACTIVITIES
- Clear outstanding 2nd semester detentions
- Clear all debts (library, clubs, athletics, etc.)
- G.P.A. (Cumulative academic and citizenship grades)
- No Referrals or Suspensions
- Completed Dance Contract (if applicable)
- Current PLHS I.D.
- Athletes: Return your uniforms as soon as the competition season is over, unless your team is in play-offs, to avoid being placed in the indebtedness list.
SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT
Thursday, June 6th- In the Big Gym –Doors open at 6 pm. Ceremony begins at 6:30.
Saturday-Sunday, June 8th -9th -- Non-School Sponsored Event: (Grad Nite tickets are sold out. More information will be sent later to students who bought tickets)
END OF YEAR ACTIVITIES - *All seniors must attend all activities. Attendance will be taken.
Friday, June 7th
- 9:00 am - Check-In
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am Senior Breakfast (Location TBD)
- 10:00 am-1:00 pm On the Field Event (entertainment)
Monday, June 10th
- 1:00 pm Graduation Rehearsal in the Big Gym
- 2:30 pm Cap and Gown Distribution in the Big Gym
Tuesday, June 11th
- 3:00 pm -5:00 pm Commencement Ceremony (Seniors need to be in the Big Gym at 1:00 pm)
- 8 tickets for early entry (2 pm) will be given to all seniors the day before, during graduation rehearsal. Extra tickets and seating for disable individuals and one attendant will be available upon request from Mrs. Esther Rodriguez starting on May 1st. General admission for people without tickets will begin at 2:30 pm.
TO DO LIST BEFORE GRADUATION
Any outstanding SCHOOL DEBTS for fundraising money, uniform, or equipment charges, should be cleared in the Financial Office. Library debts shall be cleared in the Library.
SENIOR CLEARANCE SLIP
Seniors must pick up a SENIOR CLEARANCE SLIP at the Library Circulation Desk starting on Friday 6/7.
*The senior clearance slip is required to pick up a cap and gown*
REQUESTING FINAL TRANSCRIPT
- Must be done through Naviance
- Only 1 transcript needed – indicate school you are attending in the fall. Please note that our Registrar Mrs. Blake closes for the summer on July 1st.
DO IN NAVIANCE
- Commitment to one school
- ***Senior Survey*** You need to turn in a copy of your completed survey to Ms. Cooper in the Library before you are given a clearance slip to pick up your cap and gown.
- For both, indicate the ONE school you are attending in the fall to ensure your transcripts and records go to the correct school
REMEMBER: Prom, Grad Nite and Graduation Ceremony are a PRIVILEGE, not a right…Do what is required to make sure you are allowed to participate -- STAY FOCUSED!!