Point Loma High School

About Our School » FAQ's


Do we have a student handbook?
Yes. If you would like to download it, click here.

How do I request a transcript?
  • Please send in your written request to:

    • Point Loma High School
      2335 Chatsworth Blvd.
      San Diego, CA 92106-1699
    • Attn: Registrar

    Please include the following:
  • Your name while attending
  • Year you graduated
  • Address where transcript should be sent
  • Phone Number where you can be reached
  • Who is the transcript for: ie, School, Job?
  • Copy of your ID that includes your Date of Birth
  • $3.00 check or money order payable to PLHS for each transcript requested.  If you are coming into the office and paying by cash, please bring the exact change.
If you do not sent the requested items, your Transcripts will not be sent.

FYI - If you are in San Diego and wish to come into my office and pick up a transcript, life comes up so please call ahead to ensure I am in the office.

Thank you

Tina Blake, Registrar

What do I need to do before I attend a school dance or event?
You need to sign a dance contract, which is available at the office or online. Keep in mind the following guidelines:
  • Students must show CURRENT PLHS photo ID when purchasing dance tickets.
  • Students must show CURRENT PLHS photo ID when entering the dance—NO ID, NO ENTRANCE.
  • All guests MUST have a PHOTO ID to be admitted to the dance. All guests must read, sign, and return at the time of ticket purchase the Dance Contract. The PLHS student is responsible for informing his/her guest of the requirement for PHOTO ID. NO ID—NO ENTRANCE.
  • Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be resold. These actions VOID the ticket.
  • Students must arrive at on-campus dances no later than 8:30 PM. Students must arrive to the ASB Ball 9:00 and the Senior PROM no later than 9:30 PM. Once admitted, students and guests MUST remain until ½ hour before the conclusion of the dance. Students leaving prior to 15 minutes before the end of the dance will be required to sign out and indicate a destination. Special arrangements MUST be made with the VICE-PRINCIPALS at least one day PRIOR to the dance. NO arrangements can be made at the dance.
  • Students and guests who attend a dance may expect that they will have a "friendly frisk" prior to entering the dance to help insure that no improper items are admitted to the dance.
  • Students who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances may be subject to verification through a Breathalyzer test or other law enforcement investigative practices.
  • Students engaging in inappropriate dance behavior (dance moves that are sexually provocative, freaking, establishment of "mosh pits", front-to-back dancing and any dance that can be perceived as a sexual act) are subject to disciplinary action and may have future dance privileges revoked at the discretion of the school administration. Repeat offenses will result in suspension of all dance privileges.
What if I want someone to come to a school dance or event, but they are not a student here?
They need to fill out an application for dance/event pass, which is available in the front office. The same guidelines that apply to the PLHS Dance Contract apply for your guest as well.

How do I get to PLHS from...
For directions, please click here.

What do I have to do to participate in a school sport?
See all the requirements here.

How do I get a work permit?
To get a work permit, you must first have an employer. After you've been employed, come to the counseling center, who will give you a work permit that must be signed by
  • your employer, who fills out the top portion
  • your parent/guardian, who fills out the middle portion you then return it to Counseling who
  • fills out the bottom portion, and gives you your temporary work permit should your GPA and citizenship qualify.