Class of 2017
END OF YEAR ACTIVITIES - *All seniors must attend. Attendance will be taken.
Monday, June 12th 8:30 am - Check-In & Raffle Registration *
9:00 am - 11:00 am Magic Show
11:00 am-1:30 pm Senior Brunch
Tuesday, June 13th 1:00 pm Graduation Rehearsal
2:30 pm Cap and Gown Distribution
Wednesday, June 14th 3:00 pm -5:00 pm Commencement Ceremony
(Seniors need to be in the Gym at 1:30 pm)
Thursday, June 15th 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm Senior Beach Day - OB Tower 2
Snacks / Pizza / Drinks Provided
Games & Prizes!
Friday-Saturday, June 16th-17th - Non-School Sponsored Event
Grad Nite – Tickets Sold Out
- Commencement Rehearsal is Tuesday, June 13, 2017. All Row leaders, the roll call supervisor, all counselors, and admin staff report to the big gym no later than 12:30 PM. The rehearsal begins at 1:00 PM. Seniors will pick up their cap/gown after the rehearsal.
- Commencement Day is Wednesday, June 14, 2017. The ceremony begins at 3:00 PM. Staff assigned to the big gym need to report at 1:15 PM. Seniors will arrive and go into the big gym at 1:30 PM. The two lines of seniors (per line leader lists) will leave the gym at 2:45 PM.
Information for Seniors/Graduates
- Seniors will be given 8 guest tickets following rehearsal on June 13, 2017. If a senior needs additional tickets, they can either get them from other seniors not needing them or parents may email Esther Rodriguez email@example.com before graduation day to request extra tickets, if available. A ticket allows the ticket holder to enter the stadium beginning at 2pm. Non-ticketed guests may enter at 2:45pm. Limited handicap seating is available at 1:45 pm on the track and the first row of the stadium bleachers for the guest requiring a wheelchair plus one assistant. Our stadium is ADA compliant and the first row is reserved with permanent signage. Handicap seating is on a first come, first served basis until full.
- Seniors report at 1:00 PM on Rehearsal Day (Tuesday, June 13) and 1:30 PM on Commencement Day (Wednesday, June 14). The big gym will not open until 1:30 PM on Commencement Day for seniors. Parents are not allowed in the gym. The seniors will be searched by staff prior to entering the Big Gym.
- Cap and gown distribution will take place Tuesday, June 13 after the Rehearsal in the Big Gym. Seniors are reminded that the Gown Collection after graduation on June 14 closes at 4:30 PM sharp. When the gown is returned, the graduate will receive a ticket to claim the actual diploma in the big gym after the ceremony. We do not mail diplomas.
- Seniors may not bring extra items with them to the gym on graduation day—a hand-held camera is the exception. There will be no “check-in” service for unnecessary items brought into the gym; the gym is not locked during the graduation ceremony.
- The stadium entry gate on Voltaire will be open. The entrance on the outdoor basketball court side will remain open from 2 – 2:40 PM. After 2:40, guests must use the Voltaire Street entrance. The basketball court gate is closed at 2:40 to secure the processional route from the big gym.
- The processional will leave the large gym up the basketball court area stairs at 2:45 PM and proceed onto the track where they will wait until the band begins the processional “Pomp and Circumstance.”
- Guests may not take balloons or air-horns into the stands. Balloon bouquets will be secured to the side fences until after the ceremony. Air-horns will be confiscated. Staff members have been assigned this duty at each gate (Voltaire St. & Scoreboard). Graduates may carry a hand-held camera or cell phone.
- Parking will not be available to guests anywhere on the PLHS campus; however, cars displaying handicap plates or placards may park in the basketball court area. They would enter on Chatsworth Blvd. Guests should allow ample time to locate parking in the neighborhood surrounding PLHS and to walk to the stadium entrance in order to be on time for the 3 PM ceremony.